The Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Newcastle University
- Study in: U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here for masters opportunities.
- Program Period: 2 years
- Application Window#1: From January 16 to February 28, 2023 at noon Washington time.
- The second application window will be open from March 27 to May 26 at 12:00 p.m. Washington time.
Scholarship Protection & Coverage
Benefits of the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program include:
- Beginning your study program and shortly after the scholarship term,
- The scholarship covers economy-class flights from home to the host university. Scholars will also receive tuition for their graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained via the university, in addition to a two-way air travel allowance of US $500 for each trip.
- While on scholarship, a monthly subsistence stipend covers living expenditures (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The allowance varies by country.
JJ/WBGSP scholarship exclusions:
- Application fees for visas
- costs of supporting and bringing a scholar’s family;
- extracurricular training or courses;
- classes without enough credits to graduate;
- Graduate programs don’t teach languages.
- more study-related trips;
- Expenses for field excursions, workshops, seminars, research, additional study materials, internships, or research; or Educational tools like computers.
- Permit charge for residents
Japan-World Bank Joint Graduate Scholarship Program requirements
For The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program – JJWBGSP, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- English is a required language
- All nations in the world are eligible
- not have dual citizenship;
- remain healthy
- possess a Bachelor’s (or related) degree earned at least three years prior to the application deadline
- have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and three years of development industry experience.
- You must be working full-time in a development-related position at the time you apply for the scholarship.
- The lone exception to this restriction is a developing country candidate who is a citizen of a state on the most recent list of unstable and conflict states published to candidates in the Application Guidelines for each scholarship call.
- Before the Scholarship Application, at least one of the JJ/WBGSP selected university master’s programs must be outside the applicant’s country of citizenship and residency. Deadline, and admittance must be unconditional (aside from funding).
- Upload the admission letter before applying.
“Close related” is defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-Sister, Brother, Half-Brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew; * Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any World Bank Group appointment.
- All qualification requirements are strictly enforced. Nothing is exempted. Eligibility requirements do not alter throughout open application periods. This information may change between application cycles.
How to Apply for the JJWB Graduate Scholarship Program?
- You are needed to submit an application for admission to a Partner Masters Degree Program or more than one of these programs before you can continue (s). For concerns regarding applying to a partner program, contact the relevant institution.
- Create a scholarship account here.
Please visit the official website below to collate more information about The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program – JJWBGSP,
Originally posted 2023-01-25 18:02:12. Republished by Blog Post Promoter